Industrial Property Maintenance Technician
Our client in Cambridge is looking for a candidate with mechanical ability and experience to join their team in a full-time permanent role as Property Maintenance Technician!
You will have the ability to work flexible hours between 7:30am and 7:30pm and some weekends, depending on needs of the facility and equipment.
The chosen candidate will be the recipient of an hourly rate between $26.00-30.00/hour plus benefits after the probationary period is completed!
- Solid mechanical skills and work experience; Millwright license an asset
- Minimum high school education; Mechanical Technician Diploma an asset
- Experience with power tools and HVAC systems a MUST
- Experience with skid-building needed
- Ability to work flexible hours between 7:30am and 7:30pm and some weekends, depending on needs of the facility and equipment
- Maintain all equipment and building in a safe and clean manner
- Perform preventative maintenance by adhering to the preventative maintenance schedule for each machine/department
- Track, report, and document all preventative maintenance on the Company’s internal network
- Top up machine oils, and record usage and manage oil and coolant inventories.
- Ability to Operator Forklift and Scissor Lift equipment.
- Transport and properly store/dispose of Dangerous Goods
- Be a part of the Emergency Spill committee.
- Manage and order maintenance parts as required.
- Ensure compliance of maintenance instruction sheets and procedures.
- Measure various physical properties using common measuring tools such as rulers, tapes, thermometers and scales.
- Communicate with contracted companies for repairs of machinery
- Communicate with contracted companies for scheduled preventative maintenance compliance
- Assess the safety of work environments, work with the JHSC on building safety concerns
- Perform tasks independently under direct supervision.
- Able to work in a team setting when necessary
- Winter maintenance of parking lots and egresses for buildings
- Ensure Fire and Emergency Systems are in excellent working order
- Perform general maintenance for Fire and Emergency Systems i.e. change lightbulbs on emergency signs, change batteries in emergency lighting, hang fire extinguishers in designated areas etc.
- Communicate with contracted companies for annual Fire and Emergency System inspections
- Follow up on reports and any areas of concern identified by the inspections
- Communicate with Director of Operations before any major repairs are contracted out
- Keep all inspection and repair records for the required period of time as set out but the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997
If you are mechanically inclined and you have work experience in maintenance and HVAC systems, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.