Our client, a manufacturer in Waterloo Region, is looking for an experienced Production Supervisor with background in the Building Industry to join their team in a permanent role!
- Keep all employees safe and working safe by teaching safe work practices and keeping tools and machinery in safe working order by checking frequently
- Ensure people have the right tools, materials,and information they need to do the job
- Promote good quality by keeping eyes open for sign off on quality checks, labels, visually inspect product from time to time
- Review work instructions with employees regularly
- Ensure trainers are trained and competent
- Ensure employees know this is how you do it, this is the way it is done, and these are the problems caused when it’s done incorrectly
- Encourage employees to provide feedback and show employees that their problems are important to you, even if they seem insignificant
- Give recognition when employees recognize problems and provide suggestions for improvement
- Encourage employees to ask questions and ask for help when needed; provide positive feedback
- Ensure problems are solved in a timely manner. If we are asking employees not to solve their own problems, they need to be able to count on you
- Be visible, be in the department and consistent with policies
- Ensure Employees are productive and maintain a clean work area
- Show people you care – show them the way…don’t just tell them, let them know you wouldn’t ask them to anything that you wouldn’t do it yourself
- Lead by example by being respectful, positive, fair and consistent, never show favoritism, know the jobs in the department, do what you expect others to do, Walk the Walk and Talk the Talk
- Build a team and promote team work
- Ensure employees are following all company policies
- Regular communication with Lead Hands about workflow shortages, equipment problems, employee issues, quality issues
- Ensure employees are competent and trained in their tasks
- Take responsibility for your team i.e. no backorders, complete daily requirements
- Recruit or have Lead Hand recruit employees for OT
- Initiate corrective action, ie quality, not following policies or procedures
- Follow up on employee inquiries/requests, ie. vacation days, tools, time off request
- Complete “Performance Reviews” within three (3) weeks of their due date
- Conduct Weekly Department meetings as per the Agenda
- Review Employee Rules and Regulations in your weekly department meetings
- Ensure Lead Hands are following expectations
- Look for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Administers first aid and investigates accidents and incidents
- Complete daily, weekly reports/checklists, etc as required.
- Be positive even when situations are negative – don’t pass on your frustrations to your employees
- Take the time to listen, respond appropriately and professionally
- Communicate with respect
- Encourage open communication, be approachable
- Communication, personal interaction, positive feedback are all motivators
- Mentor and develop Lead Hands through positive interaction
- Develop employees….who want to grow and learn
- Five (5) plus years experience as a supervisor, preferably in the building industry
- Knowledge of building envelope materials and construction
- A degree or at least some formal education and professional development.
- Experience with 5S and lean manufacturing would be an added bonus.
- Experience with continuous improvements and identifying/ implementing new efficiencies
- Commitment to learning; through courses, seminars, in-house training programs etc.
- Excellent communication and motivational skills
- Ability to create a positive environment and a strong “Team” through communication and treating employees with respect
- Strong coaching and mentoring ability
- “CAN DO” attitude
If you have experience in production supervision as well as experience with building materials, this role is for you!
Excellent compensation package with salary between 70-80K plus benefits!
Send me your resume TODAY! Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org