Our client, a specialty metal supplier in the Waterloo Region is looking for a Production Supervisor with expertise in steel cutting production to join their team on the day shift!
- Primary role of Plant Supervisor is planning the production schedule within budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Analyzing the plant’s personnel and capital resources to select the best way of meeting the production quota.
- Determines which machines will be used, whether overtime or extra shifts are necessary, and what the sequence of production will be.
- Monitor the production run to make sure that it stays on schedule and correct any problems that may arise.
- Monitor product standards. Inspecting samples of finished goods and recording defects, adhering to the QMS in place.
- Working with others, problem solving, decision-making, critical thinking, job task planning and organizing are all critical factors in this position.
- 5 years of experience in a supervisor capacity
- High school diploma.
- CNC laser cutting machining training (community college level) or experience
- A dynamic personality with exceptional communication skills is a must.
- You are a strong proven leader to lead, train and motivate a staff of production workers.
- If Possible Light crane operation experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of cutting machinery, tools and their applications.
- Ability to read blue prints.
- Identify and load materials.
- Good understanding of measurements and the ability to use measuring equipment.
- Meticulous attention to detail is required.
- Safety conscious.
Excellent compensation package including salary based on experience brought to the role!
Send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org