Our client in Kitchener-Waterloo is looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join their team in a full-time permanent role!
- Processes payroll for multiple companies, including unionized employees from multiple unions and non-unionized employees.
- Ensures the timely and accurate management of all Payroll functions, ensuring proper payment of salaries/wages, benefit deductions, fringe benefits and other related amounts
- Enrolls new employees for pay, benefits, absence reporting and sets up all banking information.
- Calculates, prepares, processes and verifies and validates all data that affects the payroll process. Reviews and verifies payroll registers.
- Monitors absence reporting, ensures vacation and other leaves are not in a negative balance
- Processes departures (resignations and terminations)
- Preparing of union reports and remittances monthly
- Ensure that T4’s, Records of employment and other statutory reports are prepared accurately, according to legislation and in a timely manner.
- Performs annual payroll balancing at year-end for T4 preparation. Ensures CPP and EI deductions are correct based on insurable earnings.
- Acts as an internal resource to employees and departmental managers regarding payroll matters.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of payroll issues, including legislation, rules and regulations from CRA, etc.
- Using established guidelines, researches, analyzes and resolves complex or non-routine payroll issues.
- Researches and prepares ad hoc reports, as needed.
- Maintains employee records and files.
- Completes all administrative paperwork and tasks accurately, diligently and promptly.
- Consistently adheres to all policies and procedures, strives to continuously improve payroll administration and fosters a culture that encourages proactivity and accountability.
- Develops and maintains credible, effective working relationships with employees.
- 4 + years recent payroll administration experience in a computerized environment is required.
- Demonstrated general knowledge of and experience working with computerized accounting systems is required.
- Construction experience is an asset
- PCP designation an asset
- Knowledge of payroll-related legislation, policies and regulations
- Intermediate skills with relevant Microsoft productivity software e.g. Excel, Word, etc.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with the administration of the union hire-on process an asset
- Solid understanding of the concept of confidentiality.
- Experienced in accurate data entry with strong attention to detail.
- An aptitude for problem-solving
If you have the skills and experience required above, then this role is for you! Excellent compensation package including salary between 50-60K depending on experience!
Send your resume to: email@example.com