Part-time IT Technician
On behalf of our client in Waterloo Region, Grand River Personnel is looking for an IT Technician. Although this is a part-time contract position, there is potential for permanent hire for the right candidate!
This role is a part-time day shift, 25-30 hours/week and a starting rate based on experience!
- A diploma in Network Support, IT Infrastructure, or similar
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing industry
- Familiarity with Virtualization Technology (ideally VMware ESCi and Horizon View)
- Experience with Windows Server File Security
- Functional knowledge of routers and switches
- Functional knowledge of DNS and TCPIP
- Experience with Exchange mail server infrastructure
- Familiarity with business-level Antivirus software
- Expert at Google – can solve problems without having to call the original manufacturers help desk.
- Drive and curiosity to find solutions to any problems through use of skills and research
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Provide problem solving services to network users, implement data, software and hardware security procedures.
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks, mainframe networks and computer workstations & equipment
- Perform data backups & disaster recovery operations
- Work safely to protect the well-being of yourself and your colleagues
- Build solid and enduring relationships with employees and the management team
- Other tasks and assignments necessary to meet goals within the IT department and the Company as a whole
Send your current resume to email@example.com
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.