Part-time IT Technician
On behalf of our client in Cambridge, Grand River Personnel is looking for an IT Technician. Although this is a part-time temporary position, there is potential for permanent hire for the right candidate!
- A diploma in Network Support, IT Infrastructure, or similar
- 2-4 years of relevant experience, preferably in a manufacturing industry
- Familiarity with Virtualization Technology (ideally VMware ESCi and Horizon View)
- Experience with Windows Server File Security
- Functional knowledge of routers and switches
- Functional knowledge of DNS and TCPIP
- Experience with Exchange mail server infrastructure
- Familiarity with business-level Antivirus software
- Expert at Google – can solve problems without having to call the original manufacturers help desk.
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operations of information systems and electronic data processing (EDP) departments and companies
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for electronic data processing and computer systems operations and development
- Provide problem solving services to network users, implement data, software and hardware security procedures.
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software and operating system software.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and administer the use of local area networks, mainframe networks and computer workstations & equipment
- Perform data backups & disaster recovery operations
- Work safely to protect the well-being of yourself and your colleagues
- Build solid and enduring relationships with employees and the management team
- Other tasks and assignments necessary to meet goals within the IT department and the Company as a whole
This role is a part-time day shift, 25-30 hours/week and a starting rate of between $18-21.00/ hour.
Send your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org