Licensed Manual Machinist
On behalf of our client, a custom job shop in Waterloo, we are looking for a Licensed Manual Machinist create and repair metal machinery and parts!
What’s in it for you? You can work with an established company with a great team and great daytime hours!
Hourly wage between $20.00-28.00/hour depending on experience, plus overtime, regular wage reviews, vacation and benefits!
- Plan machining by studying blueprints, engineering plans, materials, specifications, interpreting GD&T.
- Set-up mills and lathes by installing and adjusting three-jaw and four-jaw chucks, vices, fixtures, tools, and attachments.
- Verify settings and maintain part specifications by measuring first-off part and sample work pieces during operation, sharpening and replacing worn tools as needed to ensure part to print accuracy, adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Deburr parts in preparation for next operation and/or Quality Inspection.
- To work in a clean, safe and organized manner, as outlined in the Health and Safety Program
- Any additional tasks as requested by Manufacturing / Shop Supervisor.
- Post Secondary Education / Apprenticeship Training Program.
- Certificate of Qualifications as General Machinist or Tool and Die Maker.
- Ability to work day shifts Monday to Friday – 7am-5pm, and flexibility to work overtime
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Precision Machining and with Mills and Lathes.
- Ability to plan, organize, and manage multiple projects.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and have a positive winning attitude
- Blueprint Reading, GD&T
If you are an experienced Licensed Machinist and this role interests you send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.