Licensed Industrial Electrician
Our client, an automotive manufacturer in Waterloo Region, is looking for an Industrial Electrician to join their team in a full-time permanent role with rotating shifts every 3-4 weeks!
Excellent compensation package including wage between $28.00-$39.00/hour, overtime pay over 40 hours plus 5.5% shift premium for afternoons/ 10% shift premium for nights, group benefits and company pension plan!
- Certificate of Qualification from the ministry for Industrial Electrician 442A or Construction/Maintenance Electrician 309A
- Certificate in Programmable Logic Control an asset
- Ability to work rotating day shift (3-4 weeks), afternoon shift (3-4 weeks), and night shift (3-4 weeks ONLY once every 2-3 months)
- Good mechanical aptitude and dexterity – detail oriented
- Service oriented – do the best job possible to please the customer
- Performance oriented – you want to find a way to do things better and faster
- High sense of urgency – you want get it done now
- High sense of ownership
- Effective communicator and able to discuss potential problems effectively
- Good organizational skills
- Need to have good analytical skills – finds a solution quickly
- Tenacious – does not give up
- Knowledge of PLC’s (AB/Siemens) Programming, data collection and troubleshooting of PLC’s
Some duties include:
- Maintain and repair robotic weld cells and electrical systems within the building
- Safely troubleshoot various automotive stamping and production equipment
- Troubleshoot VFD, Servomotors and Network Communication devices
- Maintain and routinely monitor all mechanical and electrical equipment (PM’s)
- Repair, troubleshoot and install machinery, control systems and automation
- Devises innovative ways of improving existing robotics and other machinery.
- Sources replacement parts through electrical suppliers as required.
- Efficient use of electronic data collection equipment.
- Performs all duties within the 5S standards.
If you are a licensed electrician with experience and knowledge of robotics, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jayne at the above email address.