Handyman/ Property Maintenance person
Our client, a property management company in Waterloo, is looking for a “handyman” type person to help with general maintenance of one of their properties!
The Handyman will assist the maintenance department in maintaining apartments as well as the grounds and associated community spaces.
We are looking for someone to fill a contract role with potential for a permanent position on a day shift 8-4pm Mon.to Fri.
Pay rate $19.00/hour to start!
- Inspect all community spaces daily to identify problems with litter, mechanical failure or breakdowns
- Respond to tenants’ requests for maintenance services, including replacing air filters, installing new locks and troubleshooting smoke detectors
- Repair plumbing, electrical and safety systems in tenants’ units as required
- Ensure the parking lot and sidewalks are free from litter and debris
- Maintain sprinkler system and trash receptacles on the premises
- Test performance of in-unit appliances, such as refrigerators, stoves, ovens
- Provide tenants with advice and guidance on maintaining their apartments
- Respond to requests from property managers and maintenance services as needed
- Responsible for snow removal as needed
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Experience with plumbing and electrical systems required
- Excellent facility with common hand and power tools
- Familiarity with apartment unit layouts and infrastructures
- Ability to communicate well with property management and maintenance staff
- Willingness to uphold company standards for safety, tenant service and efficiency
If this role interests you and you have property maintenance or general repair skills, please send your resume to: email@example.com
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jayne at the above email address.INDGRP456