Our client in the Kitchener area is looking for an Electrician with at least 5 years of experience to join their team in a permanent role on afternoons, nights or weekend nights!
- Comply with safety rules and procedures; report any injury or illness immediately, report unsafe acts and conditions.
- Wire up new equipment and rewire old installations.
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical problems, substations, bus ducts, rectifiers, PLC’s, electrical control circuits, hoist controls and controllers
- Follow and use Ontario Hydro Code, keep up to date on changes to regulations.
- Communicate any problems, materials required, safety or quality concerns to Foreperson in a timely manner.
- Adhere to documented work procedures set out for the activities being performed
- Perform 6S (housekeeping) as directed by Coordinator.
- Wear the personal protective equipment (PPE)/ARC Flash Clothing.
- Communicate all problems to Electrical Coordinator.
- Follow through with instructions from Electrical Coordinator and perform other duties as assigned
- Complete required paperwork
- Act as a resource to department staff.
- Work effectively with plant personnel towards development and execution of electrical and process improvements.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Licensed 309A or 309D Electrician.
- Minimum 5 years trade experience.
- Full understanding of AC/DC low and high voltage.
- Knowledge in high voltage (13,800).
- Ability to program PLC’s preferred.
- Licensed Golf Cart and Scissor Lift Operator an asset.
- Knowledge of Co-generation systems an asset.
- Some hand tool flexibility required.
- Must be able to work independently and as a team.
- Organizational skills.
- Writing and communication skills.
- High technical skills.
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
Wage Rate: $31.50-33.50 /hour plus shift premium
- Nights (7% shift premium)
If you’re interested in this role and have the requirements listed above, please send your resume to: email@example.com
***NOTE: We also have several electrician roles open with other clients in the Waterloo Region so APPLY NOW!