Our client in Woodstock is looking for an Electrical Designer to join their team in a full-time role!
Drafting and Documentation:
- Planning and producing documentation for building permit submissions, tender documents and facility systems co-ordination for industrial production
- Documentation such as drawings, physical layouts, equipment schedules, line diagrams, detail drawings, control documentation
- Demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement of design procedures and a propensity to create flexible but efficient methods for design.Maintain and develop specific mechanical procedures for routine design tasks
- Develop and maintain design procedures and standards for design activities
- Co-ordination of drawings and documentation with other disciplines (Arch/Struct/MEP/3rd Parties).
- Design and drafting of mechanical systems using both AutoCAD and
- Identifying interference with the structural, MEP elements, A/V, and other consultant’s materials.
- Coordinate drawings with the project manager and other
- Producing Design Development and Construction Document sets based on mark-ups and redlines received from Sr.
- Work with other drafters using AutoCAD and REVIT to build/manage model databases, standard details, drawing sheet templates, and other drafting
- Update REVIT database with manufacturers’ new
- Drawing will be primarily in the mechanical discipline but work within Architectural and Electrical will also be required from time to time
- Perform electrical design tasks under the supervision of a P.Eng.:
- Preparation of documentation outlining design criteria and performance requirements.
- Load calculations with ESA required standards
- Design of power and distribution systems for industrial
- Lighting and controls design and layouts for industrial
- Lighting photometric calculations using industry standard software
- Site reviews and reports during
- Management of small projects as
- Other duties as required.
- Tech/C.Tech from a recognized Collegiate architectural design program or equivalent, and/or a Degree in Electrical Engineering from a Provincially Accredited Engineering
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Strong communication and organizational skills and an ability to effectively manage client relationships.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize design
- Ability to quickly learn apply building and construction codes, and other related design
- Valid drivers license and vehicle, including all insurance coverage
- Valid passport for occasional travel out of country
- Exceptional organizational
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products a plus (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- AutoCAD or equivalent drafting
- Auto Desk Revit drafting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment on projects with project managers, consultants, and other employees
Excellent compensation package including benefits and salary between 65-80K!
Send your resume TODAY to: email@example.com