Distribution Centre Manager
Our client in Waterloo Region is looking for a Distribution Centre Manager to join their team in a full-time permanent role!
Are you an experienced Warehouse Manager who believes in training and delegating to create a productive team?
Do you ensure your warehouse is organized and clean at all times to ensure maximum efficiency and safety?
If you answered yes to both, then this role is for you!
What’s in It for you? An excellent compensation package including salary between $60-70K, health and dental benefits and RSP contributions!
- Ensure the warehouse operates at peak efficiency, with customer satisfaction being the primary goal, by supervising, organizing, directing, and training warehouse employees
- Establish, monitor and manage operation goals through effective training and direction of staff
- Oversee daily receipt of tractor trailers with product incoming and daily outgoing shipments of goods while managing inventory and logistics
- Provide consistent and ongoing training of staff on procedures in order to solve day-to-day operational issues and enable the team to reach performance goals
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, and customer service standards are met
- Meet regularly with warehouse employees to review, analyze, and develop actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Strong focus on warehouse organization and cleanliness
- Correct negative behaviours by showing and training not doing
- 5+ years of experience in warehouse or distribution environment as well as supervisory experience
- Warehouse experience in a Big Box store environment would be an asset
- Ability to manage people, equipment and organization of the warehouse effectively
- Excellent supervisory skills with a train and delegate mentality
- Strong leadership and communication skills; ability to build relationships with staff, motivate and create a cohesive team
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with all levels of company staff
- Experience with forklift and holding a valid license or able to get one
- Availability to work varied schedule as needed; overtime / lieu time applies
If you have the skills listed above, please send your resume to: email@example.com