Are you currently working in a Controller capacity in a manufacturing or distribution environment and have proven success in managing the financials of such a company? If you do, this role could be for you!
As the Controller, you primary responsibility will be the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of the accounting records and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, ensure the accuracy of financial results, and that reported results comply with GAAP and/or IFRS.
- Prepare timely, accurate and complete financial statements, including monthly, year-to-date, and quarterly reports as well as all necessary financial reports for the company
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Assist in calculating financial and operating metrics and comparing against defined benchmarks
- Produce annual budgets and forecasts and assist in the preparation of the annual business plan for shareholders and bank
- Calculate monthly employee profit sharing
- Ensure all government reporting and payments are completed accurately and on time
- Ensure compliance with provincial and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Maintain accounting policies, procedures and transactions
- Manage the operations of the accounting department; assist in the hiring, training, evaluating, supervising and termination of personnel
- Maintain the chart of accounts, working papers and all supporting financial information
- Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit processes
- Assist in developing and preparing a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses to assist all departments as required such as capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations etc.
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast including incoming shipments, monthly or bi-weekly payments such as loan payments, payroll, insurance, source deductions, commissions, taxes and normal cheque runs
- Review payables prior to processing
- Assist with negotiation of insurance coverage for all companies, including employee benefits coverage
- Review accounts receivable aging report at month end and build bad debt provision accordingly
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a Controller role
- Prefer experience in manufacturing or distribution environment
- Accounting designation; CPA/ CGA/ CMA
- Experience with budgeting, financial analysis, supervision of employees, and implementing accounting controls
- Excellent computer skills including experience with accounting software or ERP system
Excellent compensation package including benefits and salary of 85K to start!
If this role interests you and you have the skills listed above, please send your resume to: email@example.com