Our client in Kitchener is looking for a Warehouse Shipper/ Receiver to join their team in a full-time permanent role!
The Warehouse Shipper/ Receiver is responsible for opening the warehouse and shipping/receiving, order picking and staging for shipping, delivery of job orders, movement of large parts with the forklift for shipping as well as inventory management. The ideal candidate will be hands on and reliable.
- Inventory control, shipping/receiving and order picking
- Liaising with customers, suppliers, and construction crew
- Maintaining health and safety in the warehouse and yard, hygiene and security in the work environment, for example, ensuring that stock such as chemicals are stored safely.
- Assist with the maintenance of properties, vehicles, trucks, tools and equipment
- Loading and unloading trucks
- Shipping/receiving and product preparation for construction and shipping
- Organize and maintain the yard and warehouse
- Deliveries and pick-ups as required
- Perform other duties as required
- Experience in shipping and receiving a MUST
- A hands-on approach to the work is a MUST
- Plumbing experience considered an asset
- Communication and reliability in getting the job done
- Ability to work as a team as well as being able to work independently.
- Honest and above board; you have integrity
- Able to work effectively under tight deadlines and in stressful conditions
- Ability to multi-task and complete each task accurately and professionally.
- Great organizational skills and detail -oriented so that no detail of the job gets missed
- Able to lift heavy parts up to 50 lbs or more
- Ability to prioritize tasks and be flexible and willing to help others
- Valid driver’s license with a good driving record is MUST for delivery of job materials as needed
- Plumbing experience or knowledge of PVC piping considered an asset.
- Applicant must have a valid driver’s license with a good driving record
- Certified in: tow motor, forklift, Fall Protection would be an asset but will train internally
This is a great job with and established company in the K-W area!
Excellent compensation package including hourly rate of $18.00-22.00/hour depending on experience!
Send you resume ASAP to: email@example.com
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.