We have an immediate opening for Warehouse Order Picker with one of our amazing clients, located in Kitchener. It is a long-term opportunity with potential of permanent hire!
Reporting to the Warehouse Manager, the Warehouse Operator is responsible for warehouse task completion ensuring efficiencies, quality, order integrity, and schedule attainment is met while safeguarding compliance to established policies and procedures.
- Operate lifting devices in a safe and efficient manner as license permits
- Ensure beer store returns (both full goods and empty glass) are offloaded and warehoused safely and efficiently
- Ensure documentation for returns is complete, verify date codes and reason codes for full goods returns, approve all valid incoming material, document any discrepancies and report to warehouse manager
- Enter return glass and full goods data to system for accurate inventory management
- Understand and demonstrate GMPs, FIFO principles
- Ensure all shipping documents are complete and accurate for outbound shipments
- Understand trailer loading patterns for physical dimensions and weight restrictions and apply knowledge to ensure trucks are loaded safely and legally
- Ensure all orders are accurately assembled, selecting out and reporting any product that does not meet quality standards
- Remove full goods from the palletizer in a timely manner, as to not impede packaging efficiency, make notice and address any quality issues, accurately document production quantity and warehouse full goods as directed
- Provide returned glass to the packaging infeed area in a timely manner, as to not impede packaging efficiency
- Other tasks and duties as assigned by supervision or management that may be required to ensure the continued success of the company
- Ensure material receipts are addressed promptly and accurately, including the notification of appropriate personnel
- Adhere to Plant Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Complete all required paperwork while ensuring legibility and accuracy.
- Identify and act upon opportunities to continuously improve results.
Education, Skills and Experience
- High School completion or equivalent
- 2+ years Warehouse experience
- Forklift license and/or experience an asset
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Meet the physical demands of a warehouse operator.
- Ability to work shift work
Rate of Pay:
$16.00/hr with 4% vacation pay
Once hired on, after 3 months the rate will increase to $17.38/hr, and there will be a .50 shift premium for afternoons and night shifts.
EMAIL your current resume to email@example.com
OR Drop off your current resume at our office!
We are located at 842 Victoria Street North, Kitchener (Unit 16 located on the corner of the building) Please bring with you 1 piece of photo ID , proof of your SIN, any valid work permits/certifications, as well as your current resume.
Please Note: Resumes will be accepted from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
Have any questions?
Call our office: 519-576-0920!
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: