Our client, a successful engineering/industrial company in the Waterloo area, is looking for an experienced WAREHOUSE/MAINTENANCE ASSOCIATE to join their team.
- Hourly rate range $20.00 – $24.00
- Temporary to Permanent (for the right person)
- Straight Days, Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Waterloo, ON
The Warehouse/Maintenance Associate will report to the Operations Manager. This Associate will maintain all daily aspects of the shop and inventory, and perform and assist with basic to moderate maintenance projects.
- Working with Project Coordinators, will oversee inventory of all materials.
- Maintain shop and yard organization and cleanliness.
- Rearrange processes and layout of shop and yard to improve efficiency as needed.
- Oversee quarterly material inventory counts and continuous inventory balancing.
- Working closely with Maintenance Manager, will assist with preventative and demand maintenance of equipment, vehicles and tools.
- Support construction field crews with tools, equipment and materials as needed.
HEALTH & SAFETY DUTIES:
- Ensure that the material and shop are tidy and organized at all times to maintain a safe environment.
- Ensure that PPE inventory is kept so that everyone has access to needed safety supplies.
- Ensure that PPEs are used in the shop environment.
- Ensure that only ticketed and/or trained personnel use equipment and that company policies are adhered to. (ie spotters required when vehicle is backing up)
- Self-driven individual with creative skills.
- Current Forklift License is mandatory.
- Material ordering, inventory and organization a must.
- Some mechanical repair skills required.
- Organized, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure, with little supervision and with constantly changing tasks.
- Physically fit, able to lift 50+ lbs
TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
If you are interested in this opportunity and have the desire to join a company where you can grow, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
IN YOUR COVER LETTER, please indicate why you feel you are a fit for this job! Applicants with cover letters will be given priority screening.