Our client, a supplier and processor of specialty metals located in Cambridge, ON, has an excellent opportunity for a TELEMARKETER for a 3 week contract – this could go longer based on results!
Working closely with the Ontario General Manager, the Telemarketer will help to explore and contact a new market in Manitoba.
- Assist in the development of new customers through online research, internet searches, reviewing Thomas Directory, and other tools;
- Make calls to prospective clients and customers;
- Create client lists by recording names, addresses, contact numbers and emails;
- Communicate any problems, concerns or questions to General Manager;
- Send out emails and hard-copy marketing materials to help promote the company;
- Communicate respectfully and politely with potential customers at all times.
This position requires knowledge and background with the following:
- High school diploma required, college certificate in business would be an asset
- 1-2+ years of experience in a telephone sales and/or customer service role
- Excellent verbal and written communication in the English language
- Excellent phone manner and articulation
- Experience in the metals industry would be a definite asset
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must be results driven, persistent, highly motivated, well organized, flexible and resourceful
- Hourly rate $18.00 – $22.00+ (based on experience)
- Temporary, 3 weeks (or longer, based on results)
- Business hours are Monday to Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm (30 min unpaid lunch)
- Cambridge, ON
TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Attention to detail is a MUST in this role. If you are interested in this opportunity and have the desire to join a company where you can grow, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
IN YOUR COVER LETTER, please indicate why you are a fit for this role. Applications with a cover letter will be given priority screening.