Our client, a construction-related company established in the K-W area for 50 years, is looking for an accounting professional with an entrepreneurial spirit to join their team in a permanent role.
The Small Business Accountant will be required to work together with a small collaborative team of individuals within this progressive company structure, to actively participate in the following:
- Completion of full-cycle Accounts Payable and Receivables, to posting of journal entries and account reconciliations, and posting to the General Ledger
- Coding, entering, and filing of supplier invoices into the accounting software
- Entering work orders, calculating invoice pricing, and preparing customer invoices
- Completion of full-cycle payroll for staff of 70
- Maintaining apprenticeship hours
- Calculation and payment of government/monthly remittances
- Month-end and year-end financial statements
- Monthly and yearly reporting, as requested by the owner
- Filing, as required
- Other administrative and housekeeping tasks as needed
- Diploma or Degree in Accounting/Business or related field a MUST
- CPA designation is an asset
- 2-4 years of experience with the practical accounting functions of an entrepreneurial small business an asset
- Experience in accounting in a small business is an asset
- Excellent computer skills, with solid experience in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and experience in one or more accounting software packages
- Experience with Jonas accounting for construction will be an asset
- Work independently and in a group setting to achieve internal and external deadlines
- Positive attitude with the ability to adapt and interact with people at all levels
- A self-starter who takes initiative, thinks outside the box, and is willing to take on everyday duties of a small office
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work in a fast-paced construction environment
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy of accounting processes
- A commonsense approach, with a willingness to learn and adapt new processes
- Willing to make a long-term commitment
This is a great company to work for with a team of long-term committed team players.
Great compensation package including a comprehensive benefits program and salary between $80-105,000 per year dependent on experience!
Transportation allowance or company-sponsored transportation available after completion of satisfactory probationary period.
If you want to be a part of this team, please send your resume to: email@example.com