Our client, a successful deep foundation construction and engineering company, is looking for a multi-skilled and experienced SHOP FOREMAN to join their growing team at their Breslau, ON location.
The Shop Foreman will report to the Operations Manager. The Foreman will maintain all daily aspects of the shop and inventory, and perform and assist with basic to moderate maintenance projects.
- Maintain clean and orderly shop
- Maintain clean and orderly yard
- Rearrange processes and layout of shop and yard to improve efficiency as needed
- Support construction field crews with tools, equipment and materials as needed
- Inspections of forklifts and shop
- Supplies ordering for: safety equipment, shop and field supplies
- Receive, ship, and record material into inventory
- Work with Project Coordinators and oversee and maintain inventory of all materials
- Oversee quarterly material inventory counts and continuous inventory balancing
- Pick orders for upcoming jobs
- Input picked material into inventory system for tracking
- Load and unload equipment floats
- Understand US to Canada shipping
- Work closely with Maintenance Manager, assist with preventative and demand maintenance of equipment, vehicles and tools
- Diesel and small engine repair and debug
- Hydraulic hose and fitting experience
- No start debug
- 12 and 24 volt electrical debug and repair
- Large construction equipment repair
- Self-driven individual with creative skills
- Current Forklift License is mandatory
- Material ordering, inventory and organization a must
- Organized, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure, with little supervision and with constantly changing tasks
- Physically fit, able to lift 50+ lbs
- High school with some post-secondary education or training (mechanical or warehouse or inventory).
- Hourly rate range $20.00 – $24.00 (negotiable, based on experience)
- Shop hours are Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, overtime available
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.