Shipping and Receiving Coordinator NEEDED in Kitchener!
On behalf of one our clients in Kitchener, Grand River Personnel is looking for a self motivated and hard working shipping and receiving coordinator to join their team!
The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator will be responsible for ensuring accurate and seamless outgoing shipments. The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator must load shipments regularly, with the capability of repetitive heavy lifting, and use any necessary equipment, e.g. lift truck, forklift, etc. Other responsibilities will include the inspection of outgoing shipments to verify contents and quality and in the scheduling of freight appointments. The Shipping & Receiving Coordinator must understand the impact of this position to other business functions that depend on the accuracy and efficiency of outgoing items. Inventory management and vendor relations with shipping companies are essential functions for this position.
This opportunity has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate! If you are looking to build a long-term career with a great local company that has amazing opportunities, then this might be the fit for you!
Shift Information: To be determined.
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr – $20.00/hr depending on experience + 4% vacation pay on each cheque!
- Create all required shipping documents, packing slips, bills of lading, invoices, NAFTA’s, etc.
- Process all required paperwork and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Maintain filing of shipping documents.
- Ensure that shipments contain proper documentation and if multiple items per shipment, ensure item lists are complete.
- Print and review daily shipment schedule.
- Schedule daily transportation needs with different carriers/couriers.
- Oversee the secure and accurate loading and unloading of deliveries.
- Track shipments and verify receipts of shipments as required.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Receives merchandise. Unpacks and checks identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, purchase orders, or other records and signs delivery slips. Notify appropriate personnel of the received merchandise
- Sort and distribute incoming shipments.
- May lift cases of product and/or stock merchandise according to documented procedures
- Submits all signed received and shipped paperwork to main office daily prior to leaving
- Compile and maintain applicable metrics as required
- Perform quality audits of the condition of shipped goods for both incoming and outgoing items prior to signing off.
- Study shipping notices, bills of lading, invoices, orders, and other records to determine shipping priorities, and shipping methods required to meet shipping and receiving schedules
- Report discrepancies to immediate supervisor.
- Daily communication with Production on scheduling needs and requirements.
- Follow all standards and procedures.
- Problem solve for any cases of missing documents, shipments and deliveries.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area
- Inspect material handling equipment for defects and notify maintenance personnel for repair
- Hold responsibility for work area security, including ensuring only authorized personnel are present
- The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks
- Experience in the Plastics industry preferred.
- 3 years working experience in Shipping and Receiving role preferred.
- Able to communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of filling out waybills and bills of landing and international shipments preferred.
- Able to work efficiently independently with little supervision.
- Computer literacy, including working skills of Excel, e-mail and ERP systems.
- Attention to detail in all areas of work.
- Good organizational, time management and prioritizing skills.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- CSA approved safety boots are required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
- Must be comfortable with heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs).
- Previous experience within an industrial environment is considered an asset.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply by submitting your email to the address listed below!
EMAIL your current resume to email@example.com
**PLEASE NOTE: In light of current concerns about COVID-19, and for the safety of our employees in the office, if you currently have any flu/ cold-like symptoms, we request that you DO NOT come to our office. We are doing registrations on an as-needed basis by appointment ONLY. Please call our office if you have any questions.
Have any questions?
Call our office: 519-576-0920!
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: