Do any of the following points describe you?!
- A self-motivated Professional Engineer?
- A team player who thrives on working with many different people?
- Are you forward thinking and enjoy ‘thinking outside of the box’ for solutions?
Then this role is for you!
Come be a part of this established team and receive an excellent compensation package including salary between 80-100K, benefits, travel expenses, flexible hours and annual performance bonus!
Our client is looking for an experienced Civil Engineer with expertise in municipal drainage to join their team! The successful candidate will have their license as a Professional Engineer in Ontario with a minimum of five (5) years of Canadian consulting engineering experience in drainage design.
Qualifications and Professional Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Professional Engineer in Ontario license
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar role
- Valid Canadian driver’s license as travel on behalf of the Company is required.
- Experience working closely with the following agencies: Ontario Ministry of Agriculture and Food, Ministry of the Environment, Ministry of Natural Resources, Department of Fisheries and Oceans, Ministry of Transportation of Ontario, Water Resources Act, Conservation Authorities
- Possess working knowledge of procedures required by Ontario Drainage Act
- Broad knowledge of general civil site design including grading, utilities, and pavement design
- Experience in drainage superintendent services is an asset.
- Thorough knowledge of hydraulics, hydrology, storm water treatment, open channel design, and modeling techniques for culvert design, drainage way design, and detention pond sizing
- Experience in detailed hydrologic and hydraulic engineering analysis and design, including erosion and sediment control design, watershed studies, drainage studies of major waterways, drainage channels, floodplain, and floodway analysis.
- Experience in application of provincial local permitting requirements, regulatory knowledge and the design of storm water collection systems, detention and water quality facilities, open channels and other agricultural and transportation drainage structures
- Strong knowledge and experience of drainage improvement construction, utility coordination, general civil site improvements, project management, cost control and scheduling
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously paying attention to timelines and budgets with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge of engineering software
- Substantial knowledge of insurance industry practices
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills and presentation skills, technical problem solving, solid data analysis and organizational skills
- Understands and supports the company mission, vision, principles and values, provides superior customer service, and consistently promotes the corporate image.
If you are a professional engineer with past experience in municipal drainage systems, send your resume to: email@example.com
Our client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of all individuals in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC). Should you require accommodations during the recruitment and selection process, please contact Jayne at the above email address.