Our client is looking for a candidate with 1-3 years of experience in purchasing to join their team for mat leave coverage as a Junior Buyer!
- Plan, order, and expedite purchased goods for an assigned portfolio of suppliers
- Work with Planner/Buyers to support production schedules and meet promised ship dates.
- Manage non-conforming material, and assist in speedy resolution of quality issues.
- Raise ECR’s as needed. Review and approve ECR’s, process and implement ECO’s.
- Assist Engineering with sourcing and purchasing components for product development activities.
- Determine and implement planning parameters (RPQ) to manage inventory
- Perform Supplier Audits on potential new suppliers as required.
- Assist in implementing and managing a supplier delivery performance system.
- Create/maintain supplier intelligence data such as organization, labour agreements, capacity, etc.
- Actively pursue cost savings through competitive quoting, source changes, material alternatives, and packaging, freight or term considerations.
- Communicate task/project status as requested.
- Materials or Operations Management Diploma, or minimum of 1-3 years job related experience in manufacturing.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and re-order point inventory systems
- Well developed interpersonal skills to relate effectively with people internally and externally.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Skilled in inventory management techniques for various supply situations.
- Familiar with purchasing practices, and production and inventory planning.
- Strong negotiating skills. Proven record of successful supplier interaction.
- Experience with Kanban delivery systems and their set up.
- Competent in Microsoft office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Explorer.
- Good understanding of Engineering Change implementation process.
- Experience in the electrical industry any asset.
Salary between $35-50,000 per year depending on experience!
If you have 1-3 years of purchasing experience and are looking for a new opportunity, contact Giselle at: email@example.com