Our client in Waterloo Region is looking for a Quality Director, with 7+ years of experience in a quality management role, to join their team in a permanent position!
Reporting to the General Manager, the Director of Quality is responsible for developing, implementing and administering quality and food safety management systems for the facility.
- Provide direction and leadership for quality and food safety management and process improvement in the organization.
- Ensures systems and processes are in place to record, document, investigate and implement corrective action through root cause analysis, customer complaints or incidents of non-conformance with manufacturing or specification standards.
- Ensures systems are in place to respond to customers regarding quality complaints or non-compliance with manufacturing standards and that documentation is registered with respect to every incidence of non-compliance.
- Creates, develops and implements control and assurance plans, policies and procedures consistent with ISO 9001, IFS PACsecure, and Chain of Custody throughout the organization.
- Ensure that quality management systems are in place to meet the demands of the organization, support business needs and customer demands, including related internal communication within the organization and externally with customers and suppliers.
- Responsible for the administration of internal audits to ensure the quality management system is in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Provide leadership and direction and act as a “facilitator of change” on the processes of the organization to drive quality improvements.
- Submit for approval the yearly operating budget for quality department, monitor expenditures against plans.
- Implement best business practices in the design of quality and food safety management systems.
- Acts as the primary technical liaison for quality with suppliers to ensure they meet or exceeds the quality requirements for the Company.
- University degree in a related discipline, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a Quality department within the manufacturing field, with at least 7 years of senior managerial experience
- Strong understanding and demonstrated practical application of Lean manufacturing processes
- Resourcefulness in achieving goals
- Intermediate level Microsoft Excel and Word, along with strong database skills
- Proven leadership skills appropriate for a large organization, such as strong communication, team-building and openness to change
- Ability to travel within Canada and the U.S.
- Comfortable being on call from time to time for 24/7 operations
Excellent compensation package including salary between 90-110K to start and bonus for productivity achievements!
If you have the skills and experience to fulfil the job responsibilities above and an energetic personality driven to succeed, please apply to this posting at: email@example.com