Do you have expertise in managing customer orders and tracking orders to delivery! Then this role may be for you!
Our client in Cambridge, is looking for a Purchasing / Shipping Assistant to support the Purchasing/ Shipping Manager and provide support to clients and their product orders.
The Purchasing / Shipping Assistant will provide administrative support to the Purchasing Manager & the Shipping Administrator and will be required to perform overflow shipping requirements on a day to day basis, coverage for absences & vacation time.
- Maintain & update various spreadsheets as required. Prepare reports as required e.g. order summary, status report etc.
- Inventory Management including weekly cycle counts
- Monitor safety stock to ensure sufficient inventory levels are maintained
- Assist in the development of a Maintenance Critical Parts List & maintain once implemented
- Review & fulfills MRP demand on a daily basis
- ERP Item Administration – Update standard costs for raw materials
- Follows up on supplier shipment schedules, review & expedite outstanding PO’s & reports discrepancies to Purchasing Manager,
- Maintain reporting ontime delivery, supplier scorecards, PO status, shipping reports
- Maintains supplier files and documentations
- Supplier Development
- Record & maintain material certs
- Maintain & update Nafta
- Obtain best price shipping quotes within the specified customer guidelines
- Provide assistance / backup to Shipping Administrator for overflow shipping requirements on a day to day basis, coverage for absences & vacation time.
- Compliance to all company policies, procedures and work instructions including working safely and keeping a safe work area for themselves and for fellow employees.
- Any other job related duties as may be required
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- College diploma in business administration, commerce or economics is required
- 3 years of experience in purchasing / procurement
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to prioritize tasks under pressure.
- Strong and effective communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Highly detail oriented
- Good knowledge of MS office and proficiency in Excel is a must
- Practical experience with an ERP system
- Strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge & experience in logistics an asset
This role is a contract to perm role starting at a rate between $17.00-18.50/hour
If you have the knowledge and experience to fulfill the job requirements above, please send your resume ASAP to: email@example.com