Our client, a well established automotive manufacturing company in the Kitchener area, is looking for a PRODUCTION/WORKING SUPERVISOR to confidently lead and mentor a team for their Afternoon shift.
Are you a hard-working, dedicated leader who is willing to go the extra mile to achieve company targets and ensure successful development of employees and the production process? Please send us your resume if you feel that …
- You can work alongside, and report to, the Area Manager to meet deadlines and preserve their specific area’s machinery while maintaining human capital.
- You are able to lead a team and motivate them to come to work and continually give their all.
- You are comfortable with delivering many online reports and tracking logs and can demonstrate the computer skills to do so efficiently.
- You have excellent oral and written communications to prepare reports, e-mail etiquette, and constant direct communication between you all other employees.
- You understand that you will be assigned SPECIFICALLY ON AFTERNOON SHIFT
YOUR MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY WILL INCLUDE:
- Monitor equipment maintenance; Report any issues or deficiencies to maintenance.
- Ensure employees are trained and enforce bar code scanning at every station in the production process.
- Plan, monitor and appraise job results; Coach and discipline employees as required; Initiate and enforce policies, procedures and proper work instructions.
- Observe production and equipment from first to secondary operations; Put controls in place as required.
- 5S Improvements.
- Identify any initiatives; Implement where possible; Propose to Manager when required; Meet with sales people to gather new product knowledge; Provide tours of the Plants to address needs and relay information as required.
- Ensure team members are safety trained; Maintain first aid kits; Ensure all employees are complying with safety requirements, PPE’s and policies.
- Planning and Scheduling. Align with production schedule to ensure employees are scheduled in specific positions to maximize efficiencies; Determine adequate staffing levels based on head count to maintain production schedule; Organize and plan overtime when required as approved by Manager; Continually monitor production to ensure quotas are being met; Communicate changes as required and report to other departments; Ensure shipments are out on time and properly labeled to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Complete all required reporting and paperwork based on defined deadlines.
- Provide employee training to ensure cross-training within the plant.
- Lead and manage employees by providing feedback, coaching and direction.
- Participate in inventory counts as required; Work closely with materials to maintain inventory.
- Identify any quality infractions and record them in the QA Records; Make quality checks periodically to identify any infractions; Investigate infractions to determine the extent and extract parts as needed.
- Monitor and approve time cards of all employees assigned to your shift weekly; Approve vacation request forms with production in mind; Add vacation time to Kronos once approved and pass forms to the HR department.
- Suggest and implement team building actives and required
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent,
- Minimum 5 years in the automotive industry,
- Technical knowledge tied to manufacturing,
- Minimum of 5 years in a management capacity.
- Hard working, dedicated employee who is willing to go the extra mile to achieve company targets and ensure successful development of their employees and the production process.
If you would like to be a part of this growing team, please send your resume to: email@example.com