General Labourers needed – Kitchener
Please apply by emailing your resume to: email@example.com
On behalf of one our clients in Kitchener, Grand River Personnel is looking for hard working full-time General labourers! The company is an established manufacturer of cardboard, paper products, and boxes for various industries, including the food industry.
Continental rotating 12 hour shifts – this means that you will be working on alternating shifts: 7 PM – 7 AM for 2-3 days, and be off for approximately 2-3 days. This will then switch to 7 AM – 7 PM for 2-3 days, and you will be off again for approximately 2-3 days prior to the next rotation. This is still considered to be 40 hours weekly.
NOTE: You must be able to also be open to 8 hour rotating shifts – this means that you must be open to work any shift, as the shifts can also be on a rotation alternating from Days, to Afternoons, and then Night shifts.
Day Shift – Monday to Friday – 7am to 3pm
Part-time (afternoons and nights) – must be able to work weekends (and one shift during the week). Great for students!
IMPORTANT: Due to the nature of the shifts, the rotations will include working on the weekends –A calendar will be provided to reflect your schedule in advance.
Pay Rate: $16.25 hourly + 4% vacation pay on each cheque! Paid weekly.
- Flat-packing boxes and case making.
- Material handling with a walkie.
- Finishing duties.
- Heavy lifting.
- Adhere to company manufacturing practices –including health and safety, uniform, and other policy requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Colour blindness test will be required.
- Aptitude test is required– includes math, reading, reasoning skills and more.
- Must be capable of standing for long periods of time (8-12 hours on feet).
- Must be comfortable working in a fast paced environment .
- Clean criminal record is required.
- CSA approved safety boots are required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
- Must be comfortable with heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs).
- Previous experience within an industrial environment is considered an asset.
- Due to involvement with the food industry- No fake nails, No fake eyelashes, No jewelry, No nail polish, No non-removable piercings will be allowed.
**PLEASE NOTE: In light of current concerns about COVID-19, and for the safety of our employees in the office, if you currently have any flu/ cold-like symptoms, we request that you DO NOT come to our office. We are doing registrations on an as-needed basis by appointment ONLY. Please call our office if you have any questions. 519-576-0920
Join us on: