On behalf of our client in Kitchener, we are looking for an experienced Production Supervisor to oversee Machine Shop operations in a permanent role!
The Production Supervisor utilizes strong people, technical and leadership skills in managing teams to achieve the business goals of on-time delivery and quality performance in a cost effective manner.
This role supervises the application of labour and resources of the assigned cell/department to ensure conformance to customer specifications.
The Production Supervisor works co-operatively with their peers and management to deliver these requirements, including striving for continuous improvement of the processes.
Duties and responsibilities
- Supervise the manufacturing of parts to customer specification using specified methods and tooling.
- Coordinate the application of support functions within the assigned department/cell to ensure material plans are achieved.
- Optimize and track shop performance (efficiency and utilization) commensurate with above.
- Ensure adherence to company policy and labour agreement, including initial administration of local grievance and other personnel related activities associated with the departments being supervised.
- Responsible for recommending improvements to the overall operations of their respective department/cell.
- Agree and monitor performance of department/cell to budgets for attendance, consumable spending, clocking performance and overtime.
- Maintain the operating condition of all equipment within departmental jurisdiction and coordinate any repair/P.M. action with maintenance.
- Ensure conformance with all Health and Safety regulations
- Three (3) to five (5) years supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Health and Safety supervisor training
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field.
- Supervisory/managerial development training.
- Material and Manufacturing Resource Planning, including a working understanding of capacity resource planning applicable to workload.
- Understanding of the use of statistical tools, such as Statistical Process Control, Six Sigma, 5S, Lean Manufacturing techniques, including Corrective Actions in a team based environment.
- A working knowledge of ISO9000: 2000 and/or AS9100 Quality systems.
- Strong PC skills, and understanding of MRP
This is a great role with an established company in the area! Excellent compensation package including salary between 65-75K per year!
If you have the required skills above, send your resume immediately to: firstname.lastname@example.org