Our client in the Waterloo area needs a motivated, highly organized PRODUCTION MANAGER to join their team. If you are experienced managing an AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING PLANT, this is the opportunity for you!
- Works under the General Manager to maintain the technical management, supervision and control of industrial processes.
- Ensures the manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently by manufacturing and production equipment running for the continual production cycle.
- Should have a thorough understanding of production management while understanding quality and health and safety standards.
- Should have knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts and excellent organization and leadership skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Oversee the planning and organizing of production schedules; re-negotiate timescales and schedules as required
- Assess project and resources requirements; make decisions based on assessment
- Ensure health and safety regulations are met
- Oversee and monitor the production process: identify gaps and resolve issues
- Determine quality control standards and ensure outputs meet these requirements
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems
- Organize the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
- Organize relevant training sessions
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets accordingly; ensure profitability and achievement of financial results
- Identify areas of automation and labour cost reductions
- Improve processes with innovative solutions
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Skills required):
- A degree or diploma in business is required along with 5+ years of working in a manufacturing/automotive environment.
- ISO 2015 is preferred, along with being able to run PPAP and CMMS.
- Engineering background is preferred.
- Experienced with measurement techniques and instruments
This is an excellent opportunity with an established manufacturing company!
Excellent compensation and benefits package including salary between 100-115K per year.
If this role interests you and you have the required skills, send your resume ASAP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE that only those candidates with automotive manufacturing experience will be considered for this opportunity. Please be sure to highlight your fit for this role in your application!