Our client in the Waterloo area needs a motivated, highly organized PRODUCTION MANAGER to join their team. If you are experienced managing an AUTOMOTIVE MANUFACTURING PLANT, this is the opportunity for you!
- Works under the General Manager to maintain the technical management, supervision and control of industrial processes.
- Ensures the manufacturing processes run reliably and efficiently by manufacturing and production equipment running for the continual production cycle.
- Should have a thorough understanding of production management while understanding quality and health and safety standards.
- Should have knowledge of performance evaluation and budgeting concepts and excellent organization and leadership skills.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES (include, but not limited to):
- Oversee the planning and organizing of production schedules; re-negotiate timescales and schedules as required
- Assess project and resources requirements; make decisions based on assessment
- Ensure health and safety regulations are met
- Oversee and monitor the production process: identify gaps and resolve issues
- Determine quality control standards and ensure outputs meet these requirements
- Analyze production and quality control to detect and correct problems
- Organize the repair and routine maintenance of production equipment
- Make decisions about equipment use, maintenance, modification and procurement
- Organize relevant training sessions
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets accordingly; ensure profitability and achievement of financial results
- Identify areas of automation and labour cost reductions
- Improve processes with innovative solutions
- Ensure efficient collaboration and co-ordination between relevant departments including procurement, distribution and management
QUALIFICATIONS (Education and Skills required):
- A degree or diploma in business is required along with 5+ years of working in a manufacturing/automotive environment.
- ISO 2015 is preferred, along with being able to run PPAP and CMMS.
- Engineering background is preferred.
- Experienced with measurement techniques and instruments
This is an excellent opportunity with an established manufacturing company!
Excellent compensation and benefits package including salary between 100-115K per year.
If this role interests you and you have the required skills, send your resume ASAP to: email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE that only those candidates with automotive manufacturing experience will be considered for this opportunity.
Please be sure to highlight your fit for this role in your application by answering this question: I BELIEVE THAT THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT OF A PRODUCTION MANAGER’S JOB IS _____________________________.