Our client in Kitchener-Waterloo is looking for a Prodcution lead Hand to join their team in a permanent role on the night shift!
Reporting to the Production Supervisor the Production Lead hand is responsible for the efficient set
up and operation of the production lines, ensuring maximum efficiency and compliance with all
- Ensure proper set up of equipment, availability of supplies and meet planned production schedules, customer specifications and packaging specifications.
- Adhere to food safety and HACCP procedures.
- Perform appropriate checks on equipment, packaging, processing procedures in your area to ensure that all product packaged meets company and customer specifications.
- Organize, allocate and monitor available manpower, ensure fair rotation of positions and adherence to job procedures.
- Provide regular feedback to employees and Supervisor regarding staff performance.
- Provide open communications and clear expectations to staff, immediately report all problems to the supervisor.
- Provide training for new workers in product quality, procedures, safety and hygiene.
- Ensure accurate production and Q.A. records.
- Prepare a workable rotation schedule when necessary. Delegate duties to staff in alignment with production requirements. Maximize staff efficiencies where line is down.
- Ensure acceptable housekeeping of packing area at all times.
- Maintain current hand truck certificate if required and trained and follow safe driving
- Other duties as required
- Experience in a food manufacturing environment including knowledge of food safety and HACCP principles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work independently or on a team
- Strong organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to maintain license for mobile equipment
- Able to lift weight up to 25 kg when needed
- Ability to work night shifts
This a full-time permanent direct hire position with wage range of $19.00-21.00/hour depending on experience.
If you have the skills and experience listed above, please send you resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org