Our client, located in Kitchener, is looking for an HR Administrator with some payroll experience to join their team on a contract position.
- The Payroll Coordinator enters information regarding new employees ensuring all required documents are completed and signed;
- Processes employee changes and follows up on contract changes with Managers in a timely manner;
- Tracks employee documents and prepares regular reports for Managers to ensure policy and legislative requirements are followed;
- Determines and manages in Quadrant an employee’s eligibility for RRSP’s, vacation entitlement, milestone anniversaries, step increases and appropriate benefit coverage;
- Completes employee enrolment of Group Benefits through initial set up of eligible employees and on-going updates affected by employment changes;
- Ensures compliance for CPP premiums;
- Generates electronic pay stubs and publishes for employees’ online access;
- Calculates final pay for terminated employees, including Severance Pay, and prepares Records of Employment;
- Prepares and distributes Cost Centre reports to Managers;
- Identifies and corrects attendance management errors;
- Keeps current with filing, retrieval and distribution of records based on established protocols;
- Supports the completion of annual T4s and T4As with distribution to employees;
- Participates as an active team member of the Human Resources Department.
- Other HR duties as needed
- The successful candidate should have a College Diploma and minimum 3 years of progressive experience in a related field
- Strong computer skills and effective communication skills are required, as well as understanding of payroll procedures and legislation.
- Ability to multi-task is expected.
This is a full-time day shift contract to go until at least March 2019 for the right individual! Hourly rate -$18.90/hour
If you have some payroll knowledge or experience and this role interests you, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org