Grand River Personnel is currently recruiting for a PAINT PREP SANDER/FILLER/PAINTER for an amazing company in Elmira. Great job for those who are looking for a position with great growth opportunities!
The company is well-established, building ice-resurfacing machines for over 50 years.
Salary: $18.00 – $20.00/hour, based on experience
Shifts: Days, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm
The client will be reviewing all eligible resumes and only qualified candidates will be contacted for the interview process. Most positions will be temp to perm.
- Working in a fibreglass environment
- Trimming edges of excess fiberglass, waxing and polishing fiberglass material used in the surface ice industry
- Remove any parts from the unit that must be removed for the paint process.
- Cover all parts and areas that do not get paint with tape, paper, and plastic.
- Apply blue stain to all fiberglass parts.
- Sand and scuff all areas of the unit that are to be painted.
- Blow off unit and wash the unit with correct chemicals.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a body shop and experience in a prep for paint environment.
- Know how to use screw gun, fibreglass sander, and hand block.
- Bodywork experience is helpful but not a requirement.
- Strong fine motor skills – with excellent attention to details
- Flexible as your assignment will change due to demand/need
- Able to follow instructions, follow set guidelines and work independently
- Continuous movement, standing for long periods and lifting from 5lbs-30lbs+ is required
- We can train from scratch as long as the applicant has a fast pace and quick-to-learn mind set.
EMAIL your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
OR Drop off your current resume at our office!
We are located at 842 Victoria Street North, Kitchener (Unit 16 located on the corner of the building) Please bring with you 1 piece of photo ID , proof of your SIN, any valid work permits/certifications, as well as your current resume.
Please Note: Resumes will be accepted from 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
Have any questions?
Call our office: 519-576-0920!
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: