Our client, a successful pharmaceutical equipment manufacturing company located in Waterloo, ON, is looking to add a MECHANICAL ASSEMBLER to their team for a full-time, permanent role. This is a straight day shift!
As the newest member of this high-quality team, you will assemble and fabricate mechanical parts, pieces and products using a variety of tools and equipment according to required specifications in your designated area of this manufacturing plant.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- Read, interpret and follow basic blueprints, diagrams, engineering drawings, specifications, bills of materials, and other written instructions or procedures to accurately assemble equipment and products
- Assemble high precision processing equipment, gear boxes, motors, and custom fit machinery
- Utilize hand held tools such as a hand held screw and drill gun
- Utilize measuring tools
- Maintain inventory of product in work stations
- Perform testing and quality work checks to insure the product meets quality standards
- Identify product defects and complete appropriate documentation when defects are identified
- Rework and/or repair assembled equipment and products according to engineering specification changes
- Perform all work in accordance with quality standards and established safety procedures
- Maintain a clean and safe work area
- High School Diploma or GED
- 3-5 years mechanical assembly experience
- Basic reading skills. Must be able to follow directions
- Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem and to think in such a way as to produce a new concept or idea
- High attention to detail and self-motivation skills
- Specific technical or vocational training or certification is a definite asset (Machine Tool Builder/Integrator Certificate)
- Knowledge of electrical and pneumatic schematics would be an asset
Physical Demand and Abilities:
- Regularly lift 30-50 pounds
- Regularly perform repetitive tasks
- Regularly possess manual dexterity to put parts or pieces together quickly and accurately
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
This is an excellent opportunity to join the team of a growing company with GREAT BENEFITS AND GROUP RRSP!
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com.