Because the supply chain is at the heart of our client’s operations, they are in need of an exceptional MATERIALS MANAGER to take charge of their product’s journey, from sourcing materials to ensuring it meets customer demand.
If you enjoy being part of driving a company’s success, you can quickly use and interpret data, are able to plan ahead, can build solid relationships and have an in-depth understanding of manufacturing, transportation, and warehousing, then you must consider applying for this role!
As the Materials Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
- Coordinating and monitoring all incoming and outgoing materials, production, shipping, and purchasing
- Ensuring timely receipts of raw materials to support productions requirements
- Ensuring customer scheduling requirements are met through production effective schedules
- Ensuring co-ordination between production schedules and shipping schedules to meet customer requirements
- Monitoring supplier compliance performance as to specifications
- Ability to work independently, but also work in teams with co-workers to ensure effective forecasting, product distribution and marketing
MATERIALS & INVENTORY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing Customer Capacity and Volume Variance Systems
- Leading physical inventories, monitoring inventory levels and adjusting accordingly
- Preparing month-end reports
- Assisting in leading all quarterly physical inventories
- Understanding and administering monthly metal market changes
- Minimizing transportation costs by using company owned transportation whenever possible
- Monitoring consigned material flow in consideration of floor space usage, ensuring First-In-First-Out, and accommodating lot control traceability
- Monitoring inventory levels, inventory turnover rates and order fill rates to diagnose purchasing and distribution problems
- Collaborating with controllers and other managers to make forecasts and build inventories that are compatible with sales strategies and budgets
- Comparing costs of purchasing options which differ in prices, discounts, rebates, shipping charges, customs fees and currency exchange rates
- Negotiating to determine terms with new suppliers and changes to agreements with existing suppliers
- Able to negotiate contracts and resolve disputes with suppliers
- Ability to judge the quality of products, evaluate quality of service provided by suppliers, and assess benefits and drawbacks of carrying particular products
- Supervising, initiating, controlling and directing the activities of all personnel involved in ensuring on time delivery at minimum cost of labour and materials
- Proper scheduling of personnel to ensure all aspects of the operations are covered
- Training Materials Personnel in TS16949, ISO 14001, Health and Safety, and facility policies, procedures and work instructions as they apply to their role
- Timely execution of Performance appraisals for Direct Reports.
In order to take on the above responsibilities, you will possess the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Business Administration, Commerce or Economics is required
- Graduate of Certified Materials Management Program, or equivalent experience
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a materials or purchasing role and 3 years of supervision in production planning and inventory control
- Possess excellent communication skills to interact with co-workers, customers and suppliers about operational matters
- Working knowledge of Customs Compliance
- Possess the ability to read and understand engineering drawings with the ability to communicate technical information to suppliers and engineers. Obtain data such as universal product codes, product descriptions and specifications, prices, discounts, taxes, and comments about suppliers and merchandising methods.
- Working knowledge of all applicable software (MS office, AS400, IFS an asset). Use computer applications and communications software as needed. Create spreadsheets for tracking inventory, planning ordering schedules and calculating costs for purchases.
- Engage in continuous learning to keep up-to-date information on new products and market trends, and to operate new automated sales and inventory management systems.
- Learn through daily work experience, by reading trade publications and by talking with co-workers, colleagues and suppliers.
TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Attention to detail is a MUST in this role. If you are interested in this opportunity and have the desire to join a company where you can grow, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
IN YOUR COVER LETTER, please indicate why you feel you are a fit for this role. Candidates with cover letters will be given priority screening.