On behalf of our client, we are looking for an energetic individual with experience in purchasing production materials to fill the position of Materials Buyer!
Your goal will be to proactively achieve on-time delivery of production parts requirements while continually meeting or exceeding cost and inventory targets as well as quality and design expectations.
- Release and negotiate direct purchases of materials utilizing MRP functionality
- Work with the scheduling and manufacturing teams to ensure production requirements are maintained while limiting on hand inventories
- Ensure continuity of supply while escalating constraints as appropriate
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with all supplier partners
- Implement cost reduction strategies and maintain cost baselines
- Management and implementation of all engineering change requests
- Manage reverse logistics for failed and suspect materials
- Maintain MRP material system set-up
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in a related discipline (materials management, supply chain management or business)
- Minimum of 2 years of progressive supply chain management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience directly managing material procurement and associated suppliers
- Excellent negotiation skills a must
- MRP/ERP experience required (Visual, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- Intermediate level skills required in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with cross-functional teams
- Committed to continuous improvement within the supply chain
- The ability to multitask and to prioritize tasks
- CSCMP Designation preferred
- All other industry designation considered an asset
If this role interests you and you want to be part of a growing dynamic team, this role is for you!
Excellent overall compensation package including competitive wage, benefits, bonus and an RRSP program!
Send your resume today to : firstname.lastname@example.org