Material Handlers NEEDED in Kitchener!
On behalf of one our clients in Kitchener, Grand River Personnel is looking for a self motivated and hard working material handlers technician to join their team!
Prepare material for use in the injection molding process along with storing, retrieving, weighing materials, tracking inventory, calculating material discrepancies and performing inventory and regular cycle counts. Identify, prepare and stage material for the molding process, including cleaning out and loading dryers with resin.
This opportunity has the potential to become permanent for the right candidate! If you are looking to build a long-term career with a great local company that has amazing opportunities, then this might be the fit for you!
SHIFT A – WEEKDAY DAYS: Monday – Thursday 6 AM – 6PM
SHIFT B- WEEKDAYNIGHTS: Monday – Thursday 6 PM – 6 AM
SHIFT C -WEEKEND DAYS: Friday – Sunday 6 AM – 6PM
SHIFT C- WEEKEND NIGHTS: Friday – Sunday 6 PM – 6 AM
Pay Rate: $18.00/hr – $22.00/hr depending on experience + 4% vacation pay on each cheque!
- May operate tow motor to assist in loading or moving materials and equipment.
- Monitor, control and retrieve and store materials in the warehouse, responsible for the inventory accuracy.
- Weigh material on scales.
- Calculate and record material discrepancies.
- Identify appropriate resin for upcoming order using work orders.
- Accurately record stock numbers on material bags and pick tickets.
- Prepare and stage material for molding process.
- Mix plastic material with proper regrind or concentrate mixture as indicated on the work order.
- Cleaning of the material feed system on the molding machines during set-up operations, clean hoppers, dryers and grinders.
- Identify appropriate dryer temperature and set dryer accordingly as outlined in the IQMS.
- Dry material for production and sampling using proper equipment.
- Supply proper raw materials to each work center. This must be performed in a timely, efficient and safe manner to prevent any interruptions to the production.
- Maintain uncontaminated materials by verifying all material containers are covered at all times
- When orders have been completed, verify material useage, weigh materials that will not be required and being returned to stock and update ERP inventory system for PL components only (day shift only).
- Identify all containers (barrels, bins, gaylords, grinders etc.) of material and supplies are properly labeled with complete material identification numbers and descriptions.
- Perform material cycle counts as required.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area with emphasis on safety, quality, efficiency, and utilization.
- Effectively communicate with all other shifts (setters and material handlers).
- Adhere to all company policies and operational procedures.
- May be asked to perform other duties at a lower level or higher level of proficiency. The list of duties and responsibilities outlined above is representative and not a complete and detailed list of tasks.
- Understanding of ERP system and Thunderbird.
- Strong organizational and communication.
- Strong math and analytical skills for mixing product percentages.
- Detail-oriented, ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks with strict deadlines.
- Using logic and reasoning to identify solutions to problems.
- Demonstrate personal time management skills.
- Maintain a valid fork lift license
- CSA approved safety boots are required.
- Attention to detail is a must.
- Excellent written and verbal communication is required.
- Must be comfortable with repetitive heavy lifting.
- Previous experience within an industrial environment is considered an asset.
Does this sound like you?
Please apply by submitting your email to the address listed below!
EMAIL your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
**PLEASE NOTE: In light of current concerns about COVID-19, and for the safety of our employees in the office, if you currently have any flu/ cold-like symptoms, we request that you DO NOT come to our office. We are doing registrations on an as-needed basis by appointment ONLY. Please call our office if you have any questions.
Have any questions?
Call our office: 519-576-0920!
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: