Our client, an established and successful supplier of construction equipment, is looking to expand their manufacturing team with the addition of a MANUFACTURING ENGINEER.
As the Manufacturing Engineer, you will be performing the following:
- Planning and designing complex manufacturing processes in an industrial plant.
- Improving production methods, determining manufacturing capacity, and setting up production schedules.
- Providing support in the design, fabrication, modification, and evaluation in support of manufacturing operations such as machining, metal forming, plastics processing, welding and brazing, assembly, and material handling.
- Assisting in time and cost estimates.
- Assigning work to drafters and technicians, technical writers, engineering technicians, and machine shop personnel, as required.
You will be also responsible for the following:
- Specifying new tools, equipment and fixtures where required
- Recognizing and resolving tooling related difficulties with existing and new projects while working with the Manufacturing support staff
- Investigating new manufacturing and tooling methods
- Helping to define plant layout and ergonomic requirements
- Participating in Advance Quality Planning
- Assisting in resolution of process scrap
- Champion for Change Implementation
- Introducing new products and processes
- Maintaining tool lists, setting-up instructions and work instructions
- Managing standard costing modules
- Assisting in ensuring processes capable through capability studies
- Participating in corrective actions to meet ongoing cost, quality and delivery, in FMEA development and improvements, and participate in CAT activities
- Performing other duties/projects as assigned
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Technology Diploma in Engineering, or equivalent work experience
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- At least 5 years of related experience
- Active knowledge of AutoCad, Excel, Word, Easytalk and MasterCam and understanding of geometric tolerancing and dimensioning
- Ability to write comprehensive entries into technical log books which are then used as reference documents
- Ability to evaluate the capability of current building systems to address increased demands from plant operations
- Reviewing scale drawings to ensure the proposed designs satisfy the clients’ requirements and comply with manufacturing capabilities
- Interacting with technicians or technologists for tasks such as creating scale drawings, preparing specifications, writing proposals and developing plant maintenance schedules
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining
TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Attention to detail is a MUST in this role. If you are interested in this opportunity and have the desire to join a company where you can grow, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
IN YOUR COVER LETTER, please indicate why you feel you are a fit for this role. Candidates with cover letters will be given priority screening.