Licensed Millwright – Great hourly rate – Night shift!
We’re searching, on behalf of our client, for one (1) Licensed Millwright for a full-time permanent position on the night shift, 11:00pm-7:00am!
The full-time night shift Millwright, will enjoy an hourly rate of $41.49/hour plus night shift premium of $1.05/hour – total hourly rate = $42.54/hour!
If you are currently a licensed Millwright with work experience OR have recently completed your apprenticeship and have your license, the employer would love to consider you for this role!
- Industrial Mechanic Millwright, Certificate of Qualification 433A gained through Apprenticeship program.
- Must be experienced in the troubleshooting, installation, repair, and maintenance of industrial machinery and equipment. Hydraulic steam press experience is ideal.
- Ensuring that a smooth “hand-off” occurs with Maintenance Team Members on other shifts within the department, so that the communication and transition between shifts is constant.
- Operational problem solving and seeking out continuous improvements to the process.
- Assist in the training and development of new members of the department.
- Maximize equipment uptime, minimize equipment breakdowns
- Preventative Maintenance effectiveness and reliability, ensure that machines are returned to production ready to make parts
- Effective feedback on equipment issues, after or during Preventative Maintenance or breakdown activities, proper spare and material replacement ordering
- Required to work in a multi-disciplined fast paced work environment where Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, People, Maintenance, and Environment are the focus of all organizational objectives
- Above average welding skills an asset
- Certification for operating Lift Trucks and Aerial Lift equipment & able to pass medical evaluation based on provincial standard.
- Able to work off shifts and overtime as required
- Repair and maintain machinery, plumbing, physical structures and fixtures of all aspects of the operation
- Trouble shooting, repairing machines or equipment, dismantling as necessary to gain access to defective parts. Reassembles machinery making the necessary adjustments to ensure efficient or proper operation.
- Remove, install, make modifications to machinery or equipment as required.
- Uses blueprints, drawings, manuals or other specifications to perform the required job.
- Operate and repair plant support machinery, boilers, water softener, compressors, filters, HVAC pumps etc.
- Coordinate major repairs and liaison with contractors and other trades as required.
- Trouble shoots and resolves basic electrical problems in a safe manner.
- Performs welding, soldering, brazing and use of shop machines.
- Ensure all equipment is operating in a safe manner.
- Actively participate in training and orientation of new hires and contractors.
- Ability to work independently to solve problems.
- Actively participate in Continuous Improvement Program.
If you are a newly licensed or experienced licensed Millwright Mechanic, and you like to work the night shift, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.