Our client, a successful automotive manufacturing facility in Guelph, is looking for a LICENSED ELECTRICIAN (309A or 442A).
- Technical school training and has completed the apprenticeship program.
- Licensed electrician (309A or 442A).
- Minimum two years of experience.
- Ability to take information from pre-maintenance work orders to determine the location and the kind of work to be done. Read schematic drawings in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Ability to troubleshoot and determine resolutions when encountering malfunctions in equipment. Using established troubleshooting sequences, check a series of possibilities, which include establishing whether or not equipment is plugged in, or looking at diagnostic schematics on computer to pinpoint location and nature of problem.
- Ability to interact with production crews to co-ordinate repairs to their equipment and discuss work orders with supervisors. Talk to operators about equipment and machinery breakdowns using technical language with several operators, drawing detailed information from each and providing complex instructions to avoid similar breakdowns.
- Ability to take measurements using high voltage testing equipment. Use formulas from the Electrical Code to determine sizes of cables needed when sizes of motors and the lengths of cable runs are known.
- Ability to work independently as well as work in a team setting that includes other trades people and professionals to install, repair and maintain electrical systems and equipment.
- Ability to seek out information via databases to find out whether or not a problem with a specific piece of equipment has been experienced elsewhere in the facility. Use computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining
- Receive in-house safety training to update certifications such as Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR). Learn about new equipment on the job by reading manuals and through hands-on experience.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and:
– The Global Operating System Plays;
– OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety management system standard;
– ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management system standard;
– TS 16949 Technical Specification Management and Quality basics system standards.
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate Company’s Core Values and Leadership Behaviours.
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department Performance Indicators to align to Company’s stepping Stool of Success Strategy.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives as set out in LPS system requirements.
- Maintain department 5S requirements.
- Oversee required inspections of electrical systems to ensure compliance with Ontario Electrical Standards Act.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components as needed.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Update and log electrical changes.
- Maintain needed spares and purchase material in the most cost effective manner.
- Complete interface to CNC equipment.
- Coordinate with all plant services and contractors as required.
- Train and direct electrical employees and ensure they perform to required standards.
If you would like to be a part of this busy team, please send your resume to: email@example.com