Are you a LICENSED 442A ELECTRICIAN (or 309A) looking for a great manufacturing plant to work for? If yes, please send us your resume! We have multiple shifts available, including straight afternoons, straight nights, rotations, and continentals.
- Licensed electrician 442A (or 309A).
- Technical school training and completion (or near completion) of the apprenticeship program.
- Experience in an automotive manufacturing plant is an asset.
- CNC and automation experience a definite asset.
- Minimum 2 years of experience.
- Able to read schematic drawings in order to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
- Able to troubleshoot and determine resolutions when encountering malfunctions in equipment.
- Able to interact with production crews to co-ordinate repairs to their equipment and discuss work orders with supervisors.
- Able to take measurements using high voltage testing equipment and use formulas from the Electrical Code to determine sizes of cables needed when sizes of motors and the lengths of cable runs are known.
- Able to work independently as well as work in a team setting that includes other trades people and professionals to install, repair and maintain electrical systems and equipment.
- Able to use computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining.
- Willing to receive in-house safety training to update certifications such as Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG), First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- Willing to learn about new equipment on the job by reading manuals and through hands-on experience.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and:
– The Global Operating System Plays;
– OHSAS 18001:2007 Health and Safety management system standard;
– ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management system standard;
– TS 16949 Technical Specification Management and Quality basics system standards.
- Support, foster, promote and demonstrate Company’s core values and leadership behaviours.
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives.
- Maintain department 5S requirements.
- Oversee required inspections of electrical systems to ensure compliance with Ontario Electrical Standards Act.
- Read and interpret drawings, blueprints, schematics and electrical code specifications to determine layout of industrial electrical equipment installations.
- Install, examine, replace or repair electrical wiring, receptacles, switch boxes, conduits, feeders, fibre-optic and coaxial cable assemblies, lighting fixtures and other electrical components as needed.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, current, voltage and resistance.
- Update and log electrical changes.
- Maintain needed spares and purchase material in the most cost effective manner.
- Complete interface to CNC equipment.
- Coordinate with all plant services and contractors as required.
- Train and direct electrical employees and ensure they perform to required standards.
If you would like to be a part of this busy team, please send your resume to: email@example.com