On behalf of our client Morrison Reist Krauss LLP, we are searching for a Legal Assistant to provide support as needed to the partners, associate lawyers and law clerks as needed!
As a Legal Assistant for the established employment and family law firm of Morrison, Reist, Krauss LLP, you will provide support to the legal team and the partners as required. Knowledge of litigation and employment law would be an asset to this position.
- Responsible for file management from initial client intake to closing
- Scheduling all appointments, meetings, discoveries with clients
- Diarizing important dates, and generally keeping the lawyer on track with minimal supervision.
- Preparation of litigation documentation such as memoranda, correspondence and various other legal documents including some non-family litigation documentation, from oral, written and/or dictated instructions.
- Reception coverage as required by the team
- Working together with other team members to ensure a seamless and positive experience for clients.
- Always being prepared and responsive to meet each challenge
- Other administrative work as required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A minimum of three (3) or more years of experience in a legal assistant position
- Litigation experience and/ or knowledge of employment law would be an asset
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary education program is required.
- Strong computer knowledge in the following programs: MS Word, ACL, PC Law
- Professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate
- Must be organized, thorough and have high attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of team
- Good sense of humour an asset
Excellent compensation and benefits package for the right candidate!
Salary range is very competitive and will be based upon the experience you bring to the firm!
If you have the skills and experience required above, DO NOT APPLY TO THE FIRM.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY TO: email@example.com