Do you have a calling to help make a difference in family law? If yes, this is the opportunity for you!
Our client, an established firm in Kitchener, is looking for a Legal Assistant with experience and expertise in Family Law.
- Working closely and supporting the firm’s Senior Partner with an upbeat attitude, spending 80% of your time on family law and 20% on civil law
- As the main liaison between clients, lawyers, and court staff, you are able to anticipate next steps and are always prepared and responsive to meet each new challenge
- As a top-notch assistant, you will be responsible for file management from initial client intake to closing, scheduling all appointments, meetings, discoveries, and court dates, diaarizing important dates, and generally keeping this Senior Partner on track with minimal supervision
- Other administrative tasks would include preparation of memoranda, correspondence, cohabitation/separation agreements, simple divorces, and various other legal documents from oral, written, and/or dictated instructions
- You will work together with other team members to ensure a seamless and positive experience for the firm’s clients
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in Family Law
- Strong computer knowledge in the following programs: MS Word, Divorcemate, ACL, Primafact, PC Law and SpeechExec
- Professional, polite, and attentive while also being accurate
- Must be organized, thorough and have high attention to detail;
- Ability to work independently and as part of team; and
- Successful completion of a related post-secondary education program is required
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person!
Great compensation package including salary between $45-70K depending on experience!
If you have the skills listed above, please send your resume to: email@example.com