Our client in the Kitchener area, is looking for a Law Clerk with experience in Real Estate law to fill a short-term contract position!
- Knowledge of procedures related to title searches, document registration, real estate transactions including preparation of requisition letters, and legal documentation (e.g., transfers/deeds, releases), normally acquired through a 2-year Law Clerk’s Certificate, plus practical experience in a legal environment specializing in real estate.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret real estate legal documents including transfers and deeds, easements, notices, development agreements, encroachment agreements, land transfer tax affidavits, and correspondence regarding real estate transactions.
- Ability to search title to land, and perform other real estate transaction tasks through Teraview (the Ontario electronic land registry system)
- Computer skills, with the ability to use software such as Microsoft Office, Municipal Connect, and GIS; maintain tracking systems; and monitor files and transactions by deadlines.
- Some work experience in Real Estate law is a MUST
Excellent hourly rate at 20.00-25.00/hour!
Please send your resume right away to: firstname.lastname@example.org