Our client in Woodstock is looking for for a Junior Mechanical Designer to join their team in a full-time role!
Working under the supervision of the P.Eng., the Junior Mechanical Designer will design and document mechanical systems for various projects.
Drafting and Documentation:
- Development of 2D/3D CAD AutoCAD/REVIT modelling of industrial and commercial systems for building permit submissions, tender and construction drawings
- Coordinating with other disciplines for the successful execution of customer projects.
- Planning and producing documentation for building permit submissions, tender documents and facility systems co-ordination for industrial production
- Documentation includes layouts, equipment schedules, piping and instrumentation designs, detail drawings, controls docs, airflow diagrams
- Maintain and develop specific mechanical procedures for routine design tasks
- Develop and maintain design procedures and standards for design activities
- Demonstrate a desire for continuous improvement of design procedures and a propensity to create flexible but efficient methods for design.
- Co-ordination of drawings and documentation with other disciplines (Arch/Struct/MEP/3rd Parties).
- Design and drafting of mechanical systems using both AutoCAD and
- Identifying interferences with the structural, MEP elements, A/V, and other consultant’s materials.
- Coordinate drawings with the project manager and other
- Producing Design Development and Construction Document sets based on mark-ups and redlines received from Sr.
- Work with other drafters using AutoCAD and REVIT to build/manage model databases, standard details, drawing sheet templates, and other drafting
- Update REVIT database with manufacturers’ new
- Drawing will be primarily in the mechanical discipline but work within Architectural and Electrical will also be required from time to time
Design: (Under the supervision of the P.Eng.)
- Preparation of documentation outlining design criteria and performance requirements.
- Heat Load calculations with Trace 700 or similar heat load calculation programs.
- Design of plumbing and drainage systems for industrial
- ASHRAE 62.1 ventilation calculations and design for commercial and industrial spaces.
- HVAC design (duct design, air handlers, filtration) for industrial
- Domestic hot and cold water distribution systems (incl. boilers, pumps, piping) for industrial facilities.
- Site reviews and reports during
- Management of small projects as
- Other duties as required.
- Tech/C.Tech from a recognized Collegiate architectural design program or equivalent, and/or a Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a Provincially Accredited Engineering
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics and heat transfer
- Strong communication and organizational skills and an ability to effectively manage client relationships.
- Ability to quickly learn and utilize design
- Ability to quickly learn apply building and construction codes, and other related design
- Valid drivers license and vehicle, including all insurance coverage
- Valid passport for occasional travel out of country
- Exceptional organizational
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products a plus (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- AutoCAD or equivalent drafting
- Auto Desk Revit drafting
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment
If you have the skills and experience listed above and you want to work for a busy dynamic company, send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Excellent compensation package including salary between 65-80K depending on skills and experience!