If you enjoy creating and maintaining systems, don’t want to be chained to a desk all day, and have an analytical mind that likes to take on challenges and find creative solutions – this is the job for you!
Our client, an engineering leader located in Waterloo, is looking for an INVENTORY/MATERIAL HANDLER to join their team!
As the newest addition to the Inventory Team, you will do the following:
- Receive shipments from delivery couriers, and ensure their accuracy
- Enter packing slips into the company’s ERP system to document the receipt of each shipment and maintain adequate records for reporting and tracking.
- Print parts list from the ERP system and pick parts from stock for shipping.
- Responsible for the Kanban cards and the Supermarket Process in your designated areas.
- Communicate with planners and production associates to maintain and replenish Supermarket inventory levels.
- Pre-picking machine projects and creating shortage reports.
- Receive and reconcile completed work orders.
Because your time will be spent on the production floor, you can count on also doing the following:
- Package parts for shipping using a variety of supplies, including metal band cutting and Flash Packer.
- Manage inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Stocking inventory.
- Cycle counting.
- General housekeeping of warehouse areas.
- Other duties as assigned.
You are able to provide the following Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- 2-3 years of related inventory control experience.
- Previous experience in a warehouse or manufacturing environment is an asset.
- Strong computer skills including the proficiency of Microsoft Office.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail with a commitment to quality and safety.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work well with others.
- A continuous improvement mindset.
- Previous experience working with an ERP system (Visual) is a definite asset.
- Effective communications skills in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Excellent analytical, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Work well in a team environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Working conditions subject the incumbent to noise, fumes and artificial lighting
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift heavy objects occasionally
- Must be able to perform frequent bending and lifting
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org