Our client, a technology and engineering leader located near Waterloo, is looking for an INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST to join their team.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
The Inventory Control Specialist will be responsible for maintaining inventories of materials, equipment and stock using both manual and computerized inventory systems. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and will possess a high level of analytical and problem solving skills as it relates to inventory accuracy and the impact on the overall business.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE POSITION:
- Perform cycle counts
- Conduct investigations relative to short/over product, performing root cause analysis to maintain inventory integrity
- Develop and maintain a true cycle count process
- Maintain bin location accuracy
- Compile inventory reports, recording the quantity, type and value of materials, equipment and stock on hand, using manual and computerized inventory systems
- Make necessary adjustments to reflect accurate inventory in the Warehouse Management System (WMS) as directed/authorized, ensuring that the appropriate standard operating procedure (Work Instruction) is followed and adequate back-up records are maintained
- Assist the Production/Warehouse Supervisor in ensuring effective departmental work instructions are developed, updated and adhered to
- Assemble orders and prepare goods for shipment
- Work with Production/Planning to execute Kanban arrangements on the shop floor
- Report damages and non-conformance to QA
- Identify areas of improvement
- Help manage and deliver yearly physical inventory
- Coordinate Incoming Inspections – measure, evaluate, or audit purchased components and raw material to ensure conformance to quality standards and performance requirements
- Outside Processing – pick components, collect materials for shipping and manage proper documentation
- Manage RMAS – sort, pack and unpack raw materials and finished goods and receive into system
- Move raw and scrap material and equipment throughout shop
- Reconcile physical inventories with computer counts
- Ensure Company policies with respect to inventory, returns, receiving, shipping, samples and damages are adhered to
- Support and promote the company philosophy of 12 Safety Behaviours.
- Communicate effectively between cross-functional teams and management
- Perform general housekeeping duties and follow the 5S + 1 system
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completion of secondary school
- Minimum 2 years of relevant inventory control experience is required
- Fork lift certification or ability to be certified
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Working knowledge and experience with ERP systems (Oracle is an asset)
- Strong working knowledge of computer systems and applications. Proficiency in the following Microsoft Office applications is essential: Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proven ability to be accountable and thorough
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail with numeric data output and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong in metrics and the ability to display and analyze trends for the purpose of improvement
- Excellent analytical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Effective communications skills in the English language, both written and verbal.
- Must have excellent organizational skills to multi-task, prioritize and coordinate one’s own work; works with minimal supervision
- In a changing business environment, other duties may be assigned and become part of the job responsibility
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Working conditions subject the incumbent to noise, fumes, and artificial lighting
- Must be able to stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to lift heavy objects occasionally
- Must be able to perform frequent bending and lifting
- Must be comfortable spending up to 80% of time on the shop floor
This is an excellent opportunity to join the team of a highly successful organization that has more that 125 years of history!
TO BE INCLUDED WITH YOUR APPLICATION:
Making a difference and attention to detail is a MUST in this role. If you are interested in this opportunity and have the desire to join a company where you make an impact, please send your resume to email@example.com.
IN YOUR APPLICATION, please include a short answer to this question: As your Inventory Control Specialist, I will focus on ______________.