Grand River Personnel is a locally owned and operated full service Staffing Service that has been serving the Kitchener Waterloo Region since 1978.
Industrial Recruitment Specialist — Due to our rapid growth and increased workload, we are looking for an Industrial Recruiter to represent our Company and provide staffing services to Kitchener, Waterloo, Cambridge and Guelph area businesses on a 6 month contract basis.
Job Responsibilities of the Industrial Recruitment Specialist – As a Recruitment Specialist you will have at least 1-2 years of experience and customer service or HR background.
Ideal candidates are committed to customer service excellence and will thrive working in the fast paced environment of our very busy team of recruitment professionals for our manufacturing accounts!
- Full life-cycle recruitment of candidates for manufacturing positions including: advertising, pre-screening, interviewing, background verification, administration of training / testing and coordination of orientation arrangements
- Create and build relationships with clients and workers
- Fulfill client orders with committed and best-qualified workers
- Follow-up regularly with clients to ensure they are satisfied with our service and if they have any further requirements.
- Provide job preview – outline orientation process, rates of pay, primary areas of travel, type of dispatch etc.
- Collect accurate hiring documentation and coordinate to ensure smooth on boarding.
- Maintain database of all applicants and conduct follow up calls.
- Assist with co-ordination of advertising including creating and posting job requirements online
- Attend Job Fairs, Trade Shows, Training Schools and other recruiting events as necessary.
- Collect and verify payroll timesheets for accuracy
- Adhere to WSIB and Health & Safety processes
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in recruiting; experience with temporary manufacturing recruitment or in a staffing industry an asset
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, outgoing personality, customer service oriented
- Effective probing and interviewing skills, excellent phone manner, high level of professionalism
- A high level of commitment to providing service to candidates and clients alike
- A high level of integrity, honesty and tenacity
- Knowledge of Health and safety regulations and WHMIS
- Familiarity with social media
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment; work well under pressure
- Intermediate to advanced Computer skills in Word, Excel
Interested applicants are encouraged to forward an updated cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org