Our client in Kitchener is looking for a Human Resources Generalist with strong Employee Relations experience to join their team on a 16 month mat leave position!
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate company policies and procedures to employees and managers, such as vacation, sick leave, jury duty, on-call compensation, benefits, overtime etc.
- Participation in answering HR Hotline calls and on LiveChat.
- Administers Unemployment Insurance for assigned states including initial response and all additional communications.
- Perform employee relations intake (escalate as needed).
- Assist Regional HR Manager with investigations.
- Draft employee relations related responses.
- Draft Letters of Offer and Employment Agreements.
- Participate in continuous improvement of department and HR related processes.
- Draft Employee correspondence
- Assist Regional HR Managers on employee issues in compliance with policy and procedure and ensure compliance with federal, state and local law.
- Assist managers on the interpretation of company policies and how to handle and document employee situations; prepare related documentation as needed.
- Conduct the initial review of job site contracts for HR implications and compliance; obtain consent forms as needed; ensure qualification of employees for each site and maintain appropriate records.
- Remains current on new laws and regulations and recommends appropriate actions and policy or procedural updates when necessary.
- Respond to wage requests.
- Assist as needed with Business Development activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years Human Resource experience.
- Pays special attention to detail; has excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft.
Excellent compensation including salary between 55-58K to start.
If this role interests you and you have good HR experience including Employee Relations experience, send your resume ASAP to: email@example.com