Our client in Kitchener is looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to join their team on a 1 year maternity leave role!
The Health & Safety Coordinator is responsible for enhancing and promoting a strong health and safety culture and maintaining construction related COR™ status for the organization.
- Completing daily health and safety documentation review and sign off.
- Assisting in the startup of project(s) with respect to safety including compiling safety binders and site specific safety material.
- Reviewing all training records to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and standards.
- Coordinating 3rd party safety training as necessary.
- Enforcing all established health and safety regulations and safe work practices in accordance with company policy.
- Conducting ongoing, and new employee and subcontractor safety orientations and training’s.
- Working closely with Human Resources on safety related concerns.
- Maintaining statistics and records and monitoring accident/incident frequencies and safety violations; assisting in investigations and completing related documentation.
- Chairperson for the JHSC consisting of office and field employees. Coordinating the workings of this committee, running monthly meetings and completing minutes.
- Administering and overseeing the company’s Certificate of Recognition (COR™) Program.
- Preparing, conducting and submitting annual COR audits.
- Facilitating the Return to Work/ Work Reintegration program.
- Updating Health and Safety communication boards.
- Visiting construction sites to ensure that H&S procedures are being implemented by Site Supervisors and followed by all workers.
- Conducting field level safety meetings, tool box talks, and health and safety informational awareness.
- Preparing monthly safety analytics.
- Working with management to develop and execute H&S Action Plan/Goals.
- Involvement in wellness and rewards / recognition programs.
- Participating in or leading investigations to determine root cause and develop corrective actions; prepare incident reports.
- Working with the Ministry of Labour when necessary.
- Other duties as required
- Relevant post-secondary education in HSE and/or trade background is an asset.
- Training the in required health and safety courses including WHMIS, First Aid Training, Working at Heights,
- COR Essentials training and Internal COR Auditor training through IHSA is a definite asset; will train
- Familiarity with eCompliance considered an asset.
- COR audit experience is an asset.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience working full time as a Health and Safety Coordinator or in an equivalent role.
- You are committed and passionate about the safety and well being of employees and understand the importance of being a COR™ certified company.
- Proactively identifying hazards and implementing corrective measures is your super power!
- You respond quickly with a sense of urgency and you’re committed to achieving goals and objectives.
- You are well-versed in local government Health & Safety Acts, Policies, Regulations, and Industry Standards as they apply to the construction industry.
- You have a firm understanding and experience with WSIB claims management
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word).
- Decisive and work well under pressure
- Able to work effectively and efficiently under tight deadlines, in stressful conditions and remain calm.
- Able to deal with day-to-day health and safety issues and concerns as they arise
- Professional and organized, detail-oriented
- Strong communicator; verbal and written
- Highly motivated team player, but able to work independently as well
- Able and comfortable driving to jobsites within the GTA 1-2 days per week. You have a valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Some overtime may be required and the occasional Saturday for safety training sessions
This is a one year mat leave but great employees will definitely be considered to stay on with the company!
This is a great opportunity with a long-established company in the area! Excellent compensation and benefits package for the right person!
Send your resume right away to: email@example.com