Grand River Personnel, In partnership with Chicopee Ski and Summer Resort is hiring a guest services supervisor to oversee the rental and tech shop!
Our Mission: Offer unique and memorable experiences through fun-filled programs, activities and events!
Job Summary: This individual will be required to recruit, train, lead and develop a team to run the daily operations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrate a hands-on leadership role.
• Responsible for maintaining all necessary certifications.
• Required to implement all policies and procedures.
• Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling, discipline and supervision of all Rental and Tech Shop staff.
• Responsible for maintaining all Rental and Tech Shop records.
• Coordinating the needs of the Rental and Tech Shop with the Manager, Guest Services for POS staff for the Tech Shop.
• Required to be punctual and adhere to any uniform requirements of the position.
• Required to keep an ongoing inventory of rental equipment and supplies.
• Required to perform workplace inspections.
• Communicate job expectations, enforce policies and procedures and proper performance management.
• Ensure customer satisfaction.
• Motivate team through product knowledge training and on the job training.
• Responsible for opening and closing the Rental and Tech Shop area for daily events and business.
• Required to understand all equipment and appropriate procedures.
• Required to assist in other departments as needed determined by the demand of operations (Guest Services during membership drives, seasonal start-up, Operations during seasonal start-up and seasonal shut-down).
• Maintain an organized, clean and safe work environment.
• May be approached to become an active member of the Health and Safety Committee.
• Previous experiences in a Rental or Tech Shop is an asset.
• Passion for skiing or snowboarding is an asset.
• Computer literate.
• High level of sound and independent judgement, reasoning and discretion.
• Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
• Takes pride in their work.
• Guest/customer oriented.
• A willingness to be a continuous learner.
• Able to repeatedly lift 18.14kg (40lbs) comfortably.
• Able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Able to communicate verbally in a clear and concise manner.
• Able to complete other physically demanding duties as required.
• You’re passionate about the recreation and hospitality industries and are eager to share that passion with others.
• You have strong people skills. You are approachable, a good listener, empathetic and able to handle highly volatile situations in a calm manner.
• You have flexibility in your schedule. Your work hours will be based on business needs.
• Ability to work weekends and weeknights and be available to cover shifts.
• You have to ability to produce, or may use our Human Resource platform to obtain, the following certificates: WHMIS 2015, Ladder Safety Training, Ontario Health & Safety Awareness Training (OHSA), Workplace Violence & Harassment Training (Bill 168 & 132), Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) Training, Slip, Trip & Fall Awareness, Safe Lifting Awareness, Gender & Sexual Diversity Training.
• You have a current Vulnerable Sector Police Check.
EMAIL your current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Grand River Personnel is committed to promoting accessibility for Ontarians with disabilities and complying with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and makes accommodations available for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. When an applicant for employment is chosen to participate in an assessment and/or the selection process, reasonable accommodations are available upon request in relation to the materials or processes to be used.
Join us on: