Our client, a successful automotive manufacturing facility in Guelph, is looking for a GENERAL MACHINIST.
- Fit and assemble machined parts into complete units. Apply knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop, mathematics, machine ability of materials and layout techniques, using all conventional equipment.
- Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, drawings, manuals, specifications or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work pieces, sequence of machining operations and set-up requirements.
- Compute dimensions and tolerances to measure and lay out work pieces.
- Calculate and set controls to regulate speeds and feeds in order to complete work in a controlled and safe manner.
- Perform Pre-use/TPM inspections at the start of each shift and report any sub-standard conditions or hazards found to supervisor.
- Verify dimensions of machined parts or tolling for accuracy and conformance to specifications using precision measuring instruments such as: micrometers, verniers, calipers, height gauges, optical comparators or other specialized instruments.
- Perform regular maintenance and cleaning of all conventional equipment as required.
- Maintain sufficient tool room inventory.
- Monitor Adherence and ensure compliance to Policies and Procedures as detailed in the Employee Hand Book, and/or the Standard Practice Manual.
- Work in a professional and cooperative manner with co-workers and management.
- Completion of secondary school, or equivalent.
- General machinist license, or enrolled in the apprenticeship program.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a conventional machining environment.
- Able to set-up and operate all applicable conventional equipment.
- Able to make close tolerance parts and repair and build jigs & fixtures.
- Able to use all necessary measuring equipment.
- Understand the production environment and how to prioritize the necessary tasks for completion.
- Excellent comprehension skills in order to read, write and interpret all drawings and schematics.
- Basic understanding of machine controls. Use a computer to confirm measurements or adjust computer control (CNC) machinery used to cut metal to specifications.
- Ability to learn new specifications and procedures through on-the-job training and experience.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Able to perform tasks independently under general direction
- Ability to supervise and train apprentices and maintenance labourers
- Ability to work all rotating shifts
- Ability to work overtime as required
If you would like to be a part of this team, please send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org